DUTCHMAN LLC RENTAL POLICY
Appropriate care and operation of rental equipment is the responsibility of the client/renter. All rental arrangements inherently operate under the following guidelines.
- Safeguarding of equipment is necessary at all times. Any lost or stolen equipment will be invoiced to the renter at the cost to replace plus any burden of lost future income.
- Damage to equipment will be invoiced to the renter at cost to repair and/or replace, and any burden of lost future income. Damage includes:
- Any damage caused by or exposure to inclement weather. Equipment rented from Dutchman LLC is not weatherized and never to be exposed to any form of moisture.
- Misuse of equipment: negligence, physical abuse, over-driving amplifiers and speakers, incorrect and/or improper electrical supply, improper rigging and supporting, improper signal channel wiring, exposure to damaging materials and fluids, excessive heat and improper cooling arrangements, damaged or negligence of sub-contractors/bands/end users, damage in transport or in custody of renter.
- All equipment is tested prior to the date of rental and deployed in operating condition.
- Equipment is to be returned in the same operating and aesthetic condition as picked up. Labor for cleaning or attending to adverse equipment conditions, including labor to resolve any equipment concerns due to misuse or damage will be invoiced at a labor rate of $60/hour.
- Dutchman LLC has 10 calendar days beginning on the date the equipment is returned to inspect and test returned equipment to ensure all items are accounted for and in complete operating and aesthetic condition. A representative will notify renter within 10 calendar days of any lost or damaged equipment.
- Any invoices / charges to renter regarding any of the terms and conditions stated in the above "Rental Policy" are due upon receipt.